- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3- lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 lbs. all-purpose potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Peel of 2 lemons, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets, steamed
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken; remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook onion and 2 cloves garlic in same skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes, chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer covered until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Continue to cook potato mixture over medium-high heat until mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon peel, remaining clove garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and parsley. Season, if desired, with salt.
- To serve, spoon potato mixture over chicken and serve with lemon-garlic mixture, and broccoli on the side.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories 470, Calories From Fat 110, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 12g, Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g, Sugars 3g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Protein 42g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 200%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%